Arts Jobs - DetailDigital Media Specialist
Alliance for California Traditional Arts
Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Digital Media Specialist
Reports To: Program Director
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time
Posted: Open Until Filled
The Alliance for California Traditional Arts (ACTA) supports the health, vibrancy, and evolution of the State’s diverse cultural traditions through advocacy, grant making, and connections for folk and traditional artists. Recognized for its culturally competent leadership, intellectual capital, and excellence in program administration, ACTA is the official partner of the California Arts Council in serving the state’s folk and traditional arts field. Founded in 1997 by an alliance of traditional artists, cultural workers, and arts administrators, ACTA has grown into a $2.3 million, statewide organization. Headquartered in Fresno, it has field offices and staff located in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
The Digital Media Specialist, based at ACTA’s Los Angeles office, will work in tandem with the Program Director, who oversees the Communications and New Media program. The Digital Media Specialist will assist in the development and implementation of all print and digital media work: This work focuses on fieldwork-based documentation, research, public programming, and outreach, utilizing media arts toward cultural equity and expanding access to the work of ACTA, serving artists and California citizens at all walks of life. This position requires equal parts technical ability and creativity.
Assist Program Director with all elements of print and digital media production, including:
- Manage the editorial and design process of monthly newsletter/digital publication
- Manage and build accessibility to ACTA’s analog and born-digital archive
- Aid in the development of ACTA’s new website; Make regular edits to website
- Visioning and implementation of dynamic content production that grows public engagement with ACTA from various sources of documentary work with artists:
- Newly-produced staff fieldwork
- Archival documentation
- Freelanced project commissions
- Coordinate the development and production of an ACTA-led podcast series
- Aid in developing strategic alliances with partner organizations
- Manage the growth of ACTA social feeds, producing content that speaks to the breadth and creativity of California’s traditional artists, and to the work of ACTA
- Coordinate a consistent look and feel across ACTA programs, and maintain a content calendar
- Design or develop promotional content for various ACTA programs, events, etc.
- Assists with press relations/media, as needed
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES NEEDED
- A demonstrated commitment to racial and cultural equity, and to social justice
- Graduate degree in the humanities, documentary arts, or studio arts and at least 2 years of relevant experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience in arts-centered media work, or programmatic cultural work
- Proficiency in back-end systems like Wordpress, and with Newsletter systems like MailChimp; Layout and design insight a plus
- Extensive, contemporary knowledge of social media conventions and best practice; Experience tracking and reporting analytics
- Basic to intermediate graphic design skills
- Strong photography skills
- Knowledge of best practice in photo editing and photo management
- Archival experience including digitization, cataloging, meta-data, etc. desired
- Strong writer and editor; Experience with developing interpretive materials for the public
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to travel throughout Southern California, and as needed, statewide
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ACTA is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
The salary for this position will be dependent upon experience. All ACTA salaries are benchmarked to nonprofit salaries ranges; excellent benefits are provided.
Send a letter of interest (that outlines the skills and experience that make you a good candidate), resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, along with a portfolio of links including previous and current print, digital, and social media work to: email@example.com. We will begin processing applications on Aug. 14. This position is open until filled.
Addressee:Ms. Amy Kitchener
Address: 744 P Street, Suite 307