Arts Jobs - DetailCommunications Director
South Carolina Arts Commission
The South Carolina Arts Commission seeks an energetic, creative and resourceful communications director with a successful record of managing public relations and communications programs and a commitment to public service for the citizens of South Carolina. The communications director must be willing to take the initiative to accomplish tasks, manage projects and programs and solve problems. Our ideal candidate will share our mission and values, have a love of the arts and be excited to help lead the agency’s efforts to communicate our programs, services and activities to a range of audiences.
- Plans, directs and manages communication strategies for the agency’s public relations, marketing and advertising efforts designed to promote and publicize agency goals, objectives and activities.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communications plan that elevates public awareness and visibility of the agency statewide, regionally and nationally.
- Directs the planning, development, editorial content, production and evaluation of educational, informational and promotional communications tactics through print, internet, social media, traditional media and other channels.
- Produces communications products and resources that promote, market, and support agency programs and services.
- Manages media relations and develops and disseminates news releases and other information to appropriate media outlets.
- Manages the agency’s websites and social media channels, working collaboratively with staff to produce content.
- Assists executive management in coordination of long-range and strategic planning processes.
- Assists and advises Arts Commission board, executive management and other staff in developing and presenting information and representing the agency to the public.
- Manages the agency’s compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and develops policies and procedures for releasing agency information.
- Responds to requests for information from public, media and staff.
- Delivers speeches and presents programs to various organizations.
- Develops and manages the public information budget.
- Attends legislative, public and advocacy group meetings as appropriate.
- Advises agency constituents on communications issues as appropriate.
Address: 1026 Sumter Street, Suite 200, Columbia, SC 29201